THE AFRICAN JOURNAL OF ACCOUNTING AND SOCIAL SCIENCE STUDIES (AJASSS)
The African Journal of Accounting and Social Science Studies (AJASSS) is the official publication platform owned by the Tanzania Institute of Accountancy (TIA). It provides a platform for researchers, academics, professionals, practitioners, and students to share knowledge through high-quality empirical and theoretical research papers in business-related fields including but not limited to Accounting, Procurement and Logistic Management, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Market and Public Relations and Management. The section is led by the Managing editor and its operation are overseen by the Director of Research, Consultancy, and Publications (DRCP). The Management of AJASS operates with the following scope of responsibilities:
- Maintaining regular communication with the AJASSS Editorial Board.
- Collaborating with the AJASSS Editorial board to determine future issue topics, content, and contributors.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the journal, particularly the peer-review process, with support from other AJASSS editorial team members.
- Addressing issues such as plagiarism and ensuring the originality of articles.
- Commissioning content from experts on relevant themes and facilitating efficient peer review of submitted material to ensure timely delivery of the journal.
- Assigning responsibilities to team members and ensuring timely completion of tasks.
- Editing the content of manuscripts to enhance their quality and making decisions on submissions based on merit.
- Generating ideas to promote AJASSS, increase article citations, and explore new technologies and media formats.
- Ensuring that contributions meet ethical requirements and international standards.
The African Journal of Accounting and Social Science Studies (AJASSS) plays a significant role in achieving the institute’s vision of becoming an Institute of Excellence in providing quality business education, research, and consultancy services in Africa. Its mission is to provide quality education, research, and consultancy services in areas such as accountancy, procurement, and other business-related disciplines to both the public and private sectors.